Wednesday 23 April 2014

The solo shopper...








Shopping alone - I am an advocate. You can spend however long you want in whichever shop you want, you can return to a shop as many times as you like and nobody's there to complain about it. 
Don't get me wrong, I love going shopping with friends but when it's time to do some serious spending I choose to go it alone. There's nothing worse than having someone (who may have got a teeny bit bored of traipsing round Topshop for the 5th time) follow you around whilst you browse at the latest clothes on offer. 
HOWEVER - I have recently stumbled across solo shopping's limitations. When it comes to making a life changing decision, such as 'do I need this 7th pair of skinny jeans?', who's there to help you decide?
Looking through my phone, I realised that I have resorted to a sort of 'phone a friend'. In short, I opt for a mirror selfie and promptly Whatsapp it to my friends for their verdict. 9 times out of 10, I get a speedy response and my dilemma is swiftly solved. Let's just hope they don't get sick of me inundating their phones with photos of me in a mirror, it could lead to a terrible decision...

No comments:

Post a Comment