Sunday 1 December 2013

New York, New York...

I'm back!
I may be slightly bleary eyed and I definitely have a case of post-holiday blues but I somehow managed to force my self onto the return flight from New York.

With just 3 days to explore the city I can safely say that it was non-stop, but we successfully managed to squish in as much as possible - I don't think I've ever done so much walking. 
Unfortunately the vast amount of tourist attractions to see in NY meant that there was limited time for shopping but any spare minutes were spent diving into the nearest stores (which were never further than a metre away). 

Definitely up there with my favourite cities, I'm already considering saving for a second trip. The only disappointment was knowing that Orlando Bloom was in the theatre next door to our hotel every night in Romeo and Juliet and I didn't manage to catch a glimpse of him! 

I could write about it all day but I wouldn't want to bore you so instead I'll leave you with a whole lot of photos...

P.S. One tip - if you ever go to the Oyster Bar in Grand Central Station do not be fooled into ordering the 'Oyster-tini'. I was lured in by the description of 'cucumber infused vodka' only to receive a ridiculously strong martini with an oyster floating around the bottom of my glass. Yum.
















No comments:

Post a Comment